Friday, April 25, 2014

2014 Northwest Farm Mom of the Year?!? Say what?

Last week I was in the middle of a conference call on the phone when an unknown number popped up.  I didn't answer it, but a lady left a message saying she was from Monsanto and to give her a call back when I had a minute.  So I dialed her number and was introduced to an amazing woman named Tracey Mueller.  She basically started congratulating me because the nomination committee picked me as their Northwest Regional Farm Mom of the Year 2014!  I was so surprised and shocked that I was completely speechless!  So she gave me some quick details about the program, then we hung up after she said she would "be in-touch again shortly".  So a few hours later, another amazing lady, Sue Dillon, contacted me to make travel arrangements to fly me out 1 week later to Monsanto's Headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri!!!  Really???  Me???

The last few days has been jammed-packed full of traveling, meeting the 4 other remarkable Regional Winners, tours, interviews, media training, and meeting more people (even the CEO of Monsanto!!!)  It has been such an awesome experience and I am so blessed to stand next to those other farm moms.  They truly are incredible women that are so dedicated to their families, their farms, their communities, and agriculture!

This morning, Monsanto finally released the regional winners online and right now there is an online vote until May 6th where people can vote daily for their choice of 2014 National Farm Mom of the Year!  Here is the link:

http://www.americasfarmers.com/recognition-programs/farm-mom-nominees-2014/

So jump on the website and look at all the phenomenal moms that have been chosen this year!  To say I'm honored is a complete understatement, so instead I will say I'm humbled...


Here is the link to go check out the News Story that aired about it:
 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jen! Those of us who have been blessed to watch you raise those four fabulous children are absolutely not surprised by this!! Win or lose you are a number one mom in our hearts. Best of luck and enjoy the experience. It is the first of many nominations, I am sure.
    All our love!
    The Lambs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dana, Tom, and Payton for those kind words! Thank you so much for the love and support! It means so much to me!!!

      Delete
  2. It is a honor to be your mother, just as it is to be the mother if your brothers. So proud of all of you, and your mounting successes. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mom, for all the words of encouragement and support! Its means so much!

      Delete